SECOND CHANCE RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS AND OMICRON VARIANT
POTOMAC, MD -- Second Chance Addiction Care seeks to apprise our patients and the broader community of the precautionary measures that we are actively taking in light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Second Chance's full spectrum of operations--from in-take assessments to medication management to therapy--remains open. Indeed, Second Chance is a healthcare facility and therefore an essential business, and patients traveling to receive such healthcare services is an essential activity.
Second Chance has, however, taken the following steps to ensure that we serve our patients in a manner most compatible with applicable federal and state policies governing this pandemic:
* Virtual therapy: all patients have the option to participate in individual, IOP, and OP therapy online;
* Social distancing: all patients in group therapy are required to sit apart from one another;
* Restricted visitor policy: all non-essential visits by the public to the office are prohibited;
* Mandatory touchless temperature check: everyone entering our Potomac and Rockville office will have their temperature checked using a touches thermometer, and the results will be logged confidentially;
* Screening of new patients: all new patients will be screened for symptoms of the coronavirus;
* Testing availability: Second Chance has access to a limited number of coronavirus tests and will test patients as appropriate; and
* Safety supplies: hand soap and hand sanitizer are to be regularly used by all in the office, and masks are available upon request.
Second Chance has memorialized these and other relevant policies in an emergency operations plan that has been submitted to the Montgomery County Local Behavioral Health Authority.
Information on the Coronavirus is evolving, as is the relevant guidance from our federal and state partners. Second Chance will continue to monitor such guidance and take any further measures as are necessary to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients, staff, and neighbors. We also are proud to support our heroes on the front-lines through food donations.
Should you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consider visiting both the State of Maryland and Montgomery County dedicated coronavirus websites for the latest public health updates.
Yours in Service,
Updated: December 30, 2021